Thursday 23 June 2011

Clothes fitting tighter...

Hellloooooooo out there!!

It is thursday afternoon and it is STILL raining and crappy outside, not the best weather for my days off! :( I woke up today and made the biggest breakfast ever!!  I just got groceries yesterday so of course it is customary to eat ALL of the good stuff within the first 24 hours.  I had eggs, bacon, toast, hashbrowns, blueberries with french vanilla mouse, razberries with yogurt on top, cantaloupe and orange juice... I KNOWWW!  T-Rex was PUMPEDD!

And now I am just hangin out, can't really go outside for fear of being swept up in a tornado and taken to OZ, and we all know what kinda shinanigans Dorothy got herself into there!  My take on the whole thing is that she somehow got acid from that fortune teller at the first of the movie, but that is just me... Ne whoooooo....
I am hoping to go to the gym today at some point, one of my friend's from work is gunna go so I think i'll tag along, its been over a month... :(  Not good!! I won't do ne thing too strenuous but maybe give my arms and legs a little workout and some light cardio will probs make me feel like a babe... jk!! But I do need to get out of this house for like 5 mins fo sho!!

On the weekend Sarah and I were invited to a friend's house warming/birthday party in Corner Brook.  You don't even know how happy I was to get out of St. Anthony, even if it was only for one night.  I love it here and everything but I had the whole weekend off and needed to DO SOMETHING!!  I had a really great time!  The drive there was really long, about 5 hours, but it was beautiful!!  It is a really nice time of year here (despite the rain), so green and all the mountains all around look like they would be from the set of Lord of the Rings or The Land Before Time (the one where they actually make it to "The Great Valley").   I was definitely day dreaming about all the wonders that those mountains would hold the whole drive... :)  I think that at some point this summer a bunch of us will go camping in Gros Mourne and try and do the hike to the top of one of them.  I think that will be so amazing I can not wait.  I just have to make sure that it happens before I transform from human to a hybrid of half woman half whale...  I'm not sure if I will be able to survive on land long enough to make it up to the top... just an assumption.

Driving through the Straits...


              These pics really do not do the scenery  justice... it was amazing!



             Marble Mountain, maybe if I'm lucky I will come and snowboard here someday...



The first place we went in Corner Brook was the mall, DUH! Really just HAD to have some retail therapy, the CO-OP and the Bargain shop really just doesn't cut it!!! (Sorry St. Anthony, I know you try). We then went to Jen's place, (she is the one that was having the party and we stayed at her place), had a BBQ and cake and yummy treats, then started getting all prettied up for the evening. It was really nice to spend some quality girl time, and actually dress up and put on make-up.  I'M A REAL GIRL!! haha!
                             The view from Jen's apartment... it was beautiful!

Happy Birthday Jenn! :)

New friends from St. Anthony! :)





                                               Sarah and I <3

                                                  Group of girls!


                                            Chrisoula and I :)

It really made me miss all my girlfriends tho, its always so much fun getting ready together, trying on outfits and doing each other's hair and make-up.  Once we were ready ppl showed up and we hung out, talked and danced then went out on the town haha.  I was kinda lame and went home early, I don't think T-Rex was feeling the bar scene, and my back started hurting (I am such a lame-oooo).  The next day I got up and made breakfast for everybody, I felt that they needed some help recouping :)   I was really just practicing for when I have tired, teenager T-Rex and her/his friends to take care of haha, I'm actually pretty excited for that!  Mom always made THE BEST breakfasts for me and my friends in high school, I want to do the same :).

 Later we hit up Walmart, I got stuff to cross stitch, I'm gunna make a baby blanket, I hope it turns out, I've never cross stitched before!! Then lunch at Subway. I really did not anticipate how much I would miss Subway, I seriously can easily say that it is my favorite fast food restaurant, I think about it all the time, and really miss having it across the street!!!!!  :( We then hit the road for the longggg drive back to St. Anthony!  WORK TOMORROW!!

                                                    Sarah knitting on the drive back :)

So work is going pretty good!!  I am almost done orientation, just 3 more night shifts left and I'm on my own.  That is a very scary thought actually, I hate having to talk to the Doctor's and stuff, and having to call them for things, they really intimidate me!! But I think I am doing good, we will see I guess...
I have been working mostly with two girls, Chrisoula and Melissa, they are super sweet and fun to work with, they have both been working for a year now. Chrisoula lives in town so we hang out most days we have off, her bf lives away too so that is something that we have in common.  It sicks tho cuz she is moving in like 2 weeks to St. John's with her bf, that is will be really sad!  Melissa lives I think an hour and a half away, so she goes home on our days off, but she invited me to go home with her some weekend so I am looking forward to that :). Her bf also lives in Alberta, why do all out men have to live so far away :(
I have been really enjoying working with the new moms.  I had a first time mom one day and she was having difficulty breast feeding so I helped her with positioning and gave her some tips that I learned from my maternity clinical instructor in school, and also a book that I have been reading about breast feeding. She said afterwards that I really helped her a lot.  That made me feel good. I think that breast feeding is one of the most important things for mothers to do, so I was really happy that I could help.  I am so excited to breast feed!!  That sounds weird but, I dunno, I think it is a really good time for mom to bond with baby! :)
Something really funny happened at work the other day actually, I was sitting at the desk helping the Pediatrician do an admission and one of the nurses from outpatients was talking to me and saying that he was finishing work on the weekend and so wanted to say bye and good luck with the baby and what not. Then the Pediatrician that was sitting beside me (who I work with like everyday for the past month and a half) looked at us and was like "who is having a baby?"  And I was like um... mee???  Like duh!!  And she was like "oh, I didn't know you were pregnant.  I was wondering why a pretty girl like you would have such a big stomach."  I was like, okay so you just thought I was fat??  hahahahahahahahhaha!!  Her and I both DIEDD laughing.  She basically just thought I had like a beer belly or something...??  OUCH!! haha

So other than looking like a 50 year-old couch potato, I have been feeling okay... I have been having like   a lot of back pain recently.  I am going to try and get a back brace for work.  Some days are better than others, but I need to be really careful to keep really good posture and have good body mechanics when lifting patients. It has been getting a lot better but at times is like really bad!!  I have been trying really hard to eat really well though, I buy a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, trying to keep my energy up!  I want to be able to work as long as possible!!!
Yesterday Sarah and I made banana/chocolate chip muffins, they were sooo good!! Not the most healthy thing but a nice treat, and it made the apt. smell like, REALLY GOOD!

So I guess that is all I have to report right now for myself.  T-Rex is ballin out of control, pretty sure I have the coolest fetus in the world.  I dunno how "they" judge the coolness factor of unborn children, but I'm pretty sure mine would win.  Just sayin....

Corey started a new jobbbbbb!!!!!!!  He started yesterday and is just getting orientated right now, learning all about the company and stuff but he seems to be really excited about it! He also mentioned to them about getting time off for when T-Rex enters the world, and his boss is totally supportive and told him that they would try to make it all as smooth as possible! :)  Yay!  I actually cannot WAIT until he comes here!! I am so jealous at work when the new moms have their "partners" there with them, holding and cuddling baby and looking so in-love.  It is just so great and I can't wait for that to be Corey and I :)
Also I day dream every day when I get to come home in November (to NS and NB) and see all my beautiful family and friends. I seriously can hardly WAIT!!  And T-Rex will be there too, yay!!! And then when I get to visit Dad and Hope, the girls, and Aunt Nancy in Ottawa :)  How lucky is T-Rex to have so many friends and family to look forward to meeting!!

Okay that is all I have to share for now, I know I am super random in my posts but this is pretty much everything on my mind today :)  I hope you enjoy it and know that I miss you more than anything and can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Rex and Momma Lyles OUT!!

PS.  If anyone is looking for a quick read this week I have a suggestion!  I came across a book called "The Book of Awesome", it is basically a book that lists and discusses numerous things in life that are AWESOME.  You know, some of the little things that people take for granted but that are like really AWESOME!  Its kind of a coffee table book, that is fun to flip through.  And then once you read that and start thinking about other little Awesome things about life and think, hey they missed some stuff, there is another book called "The Book of EVEN MORE awesome".  So there ya go, you should read them.  They made me feel all warm and fuzzy and really appreciate the little things that make me happy to be alive :)  I personally think that it is pretty awesome that millions of people around the world, no matter where in the world you are, appreciate some of the same little things.  Ex. Pulling in to a parking space and realizing it is a pull through... AWESOME!  Sitting on your nicely made bed and looking at your room that you just cleaned... AWESOME!  When a baby falls asleep in your arms... AWESOME! You are having a stressful day at work and you finally get to go on break an hour late and you look at your phone and have a txt from Corey Betts saying "Good morning babe, I love you"... AWSOME.. <3
Hey I have an idea!!  Why don't you send me some things that you think is awesome...  I think it would be fun to read the little things in life that you think are awesome, you can send it in an email, write it on my wall or write it as a comment on this post. You could even just make a list for yourself and read it if you ever have a bad day. :)
Okay so you are welcome in advance to those of you who decide to pick up one of those books. BYE! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment